Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Writing Resources for Authors

Every few weeks I will try to profile books and websites, which I believe to be useful to becoming a better author and/or expanding one's knowledge of publishing.  Here are three books, which are musts for any writer:

Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White: It's the book you hated in high school and college English, but it is a must have for any writer.  This book explains the fundamentals of the English language in a clear and precise way.  A resource for even the most astute and knowledgeable writers.

Eat Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynn Truss: I received this book as a Christmas book several years ago and it has greatly helped me better my technical writing.

The Writer's Market: A must have for anyone looking to break into publishing.  It gives you a list of Agents, How to Write a Query Letter, Publishers, and Magazines to sell short stories or feature articles.

I'll post more books and add in websites to our discussion every few weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment